Client is one of the largest publicly traded global asset management firms in the world with approximately $717 billion in assets under management. Client provides diversified, global investment management services that include growth and value equities, blend strategies and fixed income services to institutional, high net worth and retail clients worldwide.
- The cycle-time for processing stock and hedge funds transactions for customers was taking an excessive amount of time.
- Customers where complaining about the process in place and the process for follow through of transactions.
- Focus was on not only reducing the cycle time of transactions, but also re-engineering the business design for the organization.
- Utilized the DMAIC process.
- Understand the current state of the stock and hedge fund transaction process.
- Interview stakeholders to collect current state business model.
- Conduct workshops with leadership to understand the current state as well as suggestions for improvements.
- Conducted value stream mapping of processes to identify value added and non-value added activities.
- Identified “quick wins” and provided recommendations for long-term improvements.
- Created a business model for implementation to ensure interdependencies within the organization linked core groups to increase efficiencies.
- Identified key metrics to help drive performance.
- Trained internal leadership on how to apply DMAIC.
- Identified improvements to implement.
- Changed technology to get rid of a fragmented data collection system.
- Cycle-time was improved by at least 30% with implementation of quick wins.
- Created more of a holistic business model, that increase more interdependency within organizations to promote teamwork rather than internal competition.