Electrical Engineering Position
The Allied Companies has an immediate opening for Electrical Engineering Position with Power Distribution experience to join Allied Program Management Team located in Washington, DC. The individual selected will have a proven track record as an Engineer with 8-20 years experience. Electrical Engineer should have excellent project management skills and be able to work efficiently under minimal supervision. Engineer should have strong networking skills and work well in groups. The Electrical Engineer who has Waste Water/Construction background a plus. Below is detail summary of Electrical Engineer job description.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the supporting specific electrical engineering focused programs tasks to be defined and assigned as directed by the Program Manager.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Review and provide comment for electrical design documents (calculations, drawings and specifications) prepared by outside consultants in support of NRPM and Client projects for completeness, accuracy, adherence to Client design guidance as well as accepted industry and regulatory standards.
- Development of probable construction cost estimates for projects and tasks assigned to NRPM control;
- Act as an on-site project representative to manage design efforts outside consultants, including monitoring of scope, schedule and budget against NRPM and Client goals and requirements;
- Analyze and recommend appropriate solutions to accommodate variance issues and/or engineering or technological problems and work to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Exercise of judgment required on details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives; and
- Possesses extensive, progressive technical experience in engineering and requisite skills in multiple discipline areas.
- Independently applies advanced engineering and analyses for problems and methods.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Utility, Wastewater, and Power Distribution required
- Ten (10) years related experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with NFPA and IEEE Codes and Standards.
- Understand application and requirements of AutoCAD.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Various power analysis and lighting program software.
- Ability to review and assist in solution of Requests for Information, submittals and construction claims.
- Provide act in the role of construction project management for projects under the Client’s High Priority
- Program, as well as being a resource to support NRPM staff in construction estimating or constructability issues and needs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
Salary range will be up to $ 130K based on experience and background. Position will include competitive fringe benefits with some relocation support.